Are you having that time old inner monologue about whether you should buy a new or used golf car? Let’s break down the options!
New vs. Used?
Time to decide which is the better choice for you. In this post, we will go through the top three reasons for either buying option. Both new and used golf cars are a great purchase for your home or business they each have different options. Here are a few things about each option you should consider.
Buying a New Golf Car
Do you want something customized by the manufacturer? Or maybe you want something that only you have driven. If so then getting a new car is for you. However, with that comes a steeper price tag. With a new car, there is no history of it so no worry about accidents or overuse. A big plus is a new car will almost always come with a warranty. Whether it is from the manufacturer or the dealership.
Buying a Used Golf Car
If you are looking for a more cost-effective option then buying a used car is the way to go. This can save you thousands of dollars sometimes. When buying used remember to get the make, model, and serial number prior to purchasing. With these, you can check the age of the car as well as help you see how easy it will be to get parts and accessories. Prior to purchase remember to check how many cycles and hours are on the car. This is the same as checking the miles if you were buying a new vehicle.
Whether buying new or used it is always smart to do a general check of the car. Check for any cosmetic things wrong or that you may want to change as well as checking the tires and batteries. If buying from a dealer check to see if they offer a service plan or if the car comes with a warranty. They may always be able to do any custom work you may want. Whether it is a new or used golf car you can always add your personality to it!
To see our available cars please visit our sales page.
Have you been going back and forth on whether you should buy a golf car? There are a lot more reasons to own one than just golf. Add a few of these reasons to your pro list!
1. Getting around the neighborhood – Is your child’s bus stop not around the corner? Use the golf car to take them to and from. Plus add on an enclosure to keep everyone dry on those rainy mornings! Do you have a large neighborhood? Decorate your car for Halloween and take it around trick or treating! Plus use the car to get to the neighborhood clubhouse or pool. Maybe even up to the corner store.
2. Large Property – Do you love to garden but hate lugging the bags of soil or plant food out to your garden? There are utility cars such as the Yamaha Umax built just for that! If you have animals it is also great to carry food and supplies out to their enclosures. With a utility bed and easy unlock for dumping this utility car has it all!
3. Recreation – Do you love to go camping or fishing? A golf car is a great outdoors vehicle. There are even ones built for this such as the Yamaha UMAX Rally 2+2. This allows you to drive through any terrain while getting around your campsite or fishing spot.
4. Affordability – Golf cars are an affordable option compared to a car. An electric vehicle can be way more than the average budget allows but an electric golf car can be as low as $3,000 used. Golf cars come in both gas and electric and offer the flexibility of low gas consumption.
5. Work Vehicles – Do you own a company that could use the flexibility of a golf car? Do you work for an apartment or condo association where maintenance equipment needs to be transported? Does your work complex spread a large distance and having a golf cart to go between departments would save time and therefore money? All of these are great reasons for businesses to use golf cars!
6. Storage – Golf cars take up so little space you can easily store them in the garage or a storage shed. You can even keep them on a patio if needed. They are also easy to transport due to their size. A 5′ x 7′ trailer will easily transport one wherever you need it.
Last but not least golf cars are fun! You can customize them for what you want and need. Including decorating them for parades and holidays!
If you’re in the market and have any questions please contact us. We sell new and used Yamaha products to view our current inventory please visit our website. If there is anything you like but do not currently see it in our stock feel free to reach out and we can get you a quote!
A Golf Cart ideal tire pressure is 22 psi. (152kPa).
When a golf car tire has only 5psi (35kPa) it looks the same as a tire with 22psi (152kPa). So you can’t tell by just looking at the tire if it’s low on air. You must use a tire gauge.
When you tire is under inflated (low on air), the golf car will go slower. It will also be harder to steer. It will make the batteries work harder, and you will not be able to travel as far as a car that has fully inflated tires.
Most importantly the tire wears out faster if it’s under inflated (low on air).
So to get long life in your tires, keep them at 22psi.
The most common golf car tire size is 18 x 8.50 x 8.
Most golf car tires are made to run on grass like they would at a golf course.
These golf car tires are made with soft rubber.
If our customers drive on concrete, cement, or asphalt we provide them with a special D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) rated tire. This tire is made with a hard rubber and will last much longer than a regular golf car tire.
When you buy an 18 x 8.50 x 8 tire it always comes with a steel rim, so it’s ready to install on your golf car.
For all your Golf Cart needs, including repairs and accessories please contact The Golf Car Connection or call us at 954-946-8008